The roots of my family’s religious background, mostly are devoted Catholic. Well, both of matrilineage and patrilineage. Back in the old days, we used to celebrate Christmas at Malang. My mother’s birthplace whereas also the place most of my matrilineage relatives live on. Last year, several days before my thesis defense day, my great grand mother passed away. Since the day, my parents, who had already converted to Muslim, decided not to celebrate Christmas anymore. The consequence, my grand mother has to celebrate Christmas on her own at home. Technically, she celebrated it with me who didn’t celebrate it. That sadden me somehow. I wish my great grand mother didn’t pass away so fast. So, she could come to my graduation. So, she could gather her relatives to celebrate Christmas. So, my grand mother wouldn’t spend her time alone. Well, I miss her.
Today, I miss her most.
Because celebrating Valentine’s Day on February is too mainstream, why don’t we just celebrate Christmas?
Anyway, enjoy this playlist (through clicking the link below the list)!
- Ryuichi Sakamoto – Forbidden Colours
- Karen O and The Kids – All Is Love
- Ikkubaru – Christmas Eve
- Mumford and Sons – Winter Winds
- M83 – In the Cold I’m Standing
- Mono – The Flames Beyond the Cold Mountain
- The Pogues – Fairytale of New York
- The Ramones – Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want to Fight Tonight)
- Fleet Foxes – Winter White Hymnal